Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"Gourd"geous Pumpkin Centerpiece

Follow Me on Pinterest Congratulations! You have a butt-load of pumpkins...now what?
Here is a neat little arrangement that layers textures, colors, and shapes. It is so simple, yet makes a huge impact. This centerpiece is also very kid friendly. All my decorations have to be durable, or they will be utterly destroyed in a matter of seconds if you catch my drift.

I love the texture of hemp yarn which has been hot glued onto a styrofoam ball. I let nature do the rest of the work with colorful pumpkins in different shapes and sizes, all from my special store, Wal-mart. I purchased the wooden dish from my other special store, IKEA.


Start off by hot gluing the hemp yarn in a tight circle before placing it on the Styrofoam ball.

Hot glue a small "starter" circle to your styrofoam and continue gluing until the entire ball is covered.


Time for spray paint.

There you have it, a gigantic hemp ball. Who wouldn't love that?


2 comments:

  1. OKay, anyone who doesn't love a giant hemp ball is CRAZY, just PLAIN CRAZY!! I love ya like the daughter I never had. I know you get all your creative genius from me.
    xoxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete